Thursday, June 16, 2011

Brain Food


A couple of months ago I made a command decision to quit attending the university that I was enrolled in so that I could switch to a small community college in my area.  I did this because the community college offered a degree in culinary arts and baking/pastry, and I've decided to stop fighting myself and finally get a degree in the area that I truly love, food.  

I had to chuckle about the whole enrollment process because not only did I have to provide an official high school transcript, but I also had to take COMPASS tests in reading, writing and math.  I graduated in 1988 and math wasn't my strong suit back then.  Now?  I know I've heard of polynomials and functions, but I have no idea what they do, or more importantly, what I'm suppose to do with them.

I finished the reading with a 96, the writing with a 99, and the math with an abysmal 51. *sigh*

I did try to bolster my brain power with burst of protein before hand and while it may not have worked, it was a damn tasty try.

Tuna Salad
5 ounce can tuna in olive oil, undrained
1/2 cup shredded extra sharp white cheddar
1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt 
pepper

Mix together all ingredients, except salt and pepper, in a medium bowl.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Serve on the bread of your choice with fresh vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment