Saturday, July 2, 2011

Lemarchand's Box

I've previously mentioned my penchant for getting achievements in WoW, and as you can see by the little indicator bars on my achievement screen I have over 75% completion in all areas...except one.  Player vs. Player (hence forth to be known as PvP).  This category makes me cry and it shows in my abysmal numbers; 32% completed.

I just don't PvP well.  I usually die 20+ times in any given battleground...even when I'm in full PvP gear with a good PvP spec.  Yet, I still torture myself every once and a while and throw my poor shaman into them.  But arena?  Don't even get me started:

  
Arenas are where you form a team with either 2, 3 or 5 players and then proceed to beat the shit out of other teams of 2, 3, or 5 players.  I have one, just one, achievement in arena.  I was delusional enough over two years ago to create two teams (2v2 called Sadistic Ponies and 3v3 called Not Illegal In Denmark) and then actually go into arenas with a couple of brave souls...and we won one of those arenas, for which I got an achievement.  I haven't been back since then.  Why?  Because it took 50+ arena matches to win that one.  Now you know why I cry.

Unfortunately this is the area where I will next need to concentrate my efforts if I am to maintain my achievement desires.  I wonder if drug addicts feel this way, willing to substitute their drug of choice with something they know isn't good for them just so they can satisfy their habit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment